Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

Green Tea, Fibroids And Nausea!

Many fibroid sufferers sing the praises of Green Tea, myself included, but it does make me feel very nauseous especially when I drink it on an empty stomach.

You see I like to take my green tea as my first drink of the day and as I often intermittently fast there is no food to 'soften' the blow!

However I have found that a couple of gratings of fresh ginger root into my green tea (or rather tea pot) does stop that awful sick feeling and I can now happily consume a couple of cups of green tea on an empty stomach.

If you suffer from the same problem try it!  I've always got fresh ginger root in the fridge as I love it grated fresh and raw on salads and quite frankly I can't cook a curry without it!

If you simply don't like ginger you could alternatively try a couple of drops of peppermint oil as this will also help to calm your stomach.

If you haven't already read my article on Green Tea please click on the link below, and don't forget to add a lemon to your green tea too!

Green Tea with Lemon

Adding lemon juice to green tea increases the benefit of the powerful catechins green tea contains – making the tea five times stronger!

Further more I find green tea an ‘acquired taste’ so by adding lemon, it makes this wonderful healing tea much more palatable.

People who drink green tea daily tend to lose ten pounds more per year than those who don’t!

A study conducted at the University of Geneva found that eating a salad with a cup of green tea as your last meal stops your body from storing excess fat and boosts your metabolism by 4% while you sleep.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, this indeed true, my aunti is likes drinking green tea and just like what she always say that it is very beneficial to her. But when she ran out of green tea at home she has an alternative tea which is called tulsi tea, I'm not sure about it so is it as good as a green tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green tea with lemon tastes amazing. I don't drink tea much. I'm a kopi luwak drinker and I like coffee a lot. Seeing the benefits of both the beverages I think I should drink both now.

    Regards,
    Finn Felton

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.